Bella was so excited about going to preschool. For a week prior, all we ever heard about is "I'm going to preschool today" - all day, everyday!! So the day arrived and she was straight to the playground and didn't even care when Hannah and I left. The only tears were from Hannah as she wanted to stay too. It was for a full day - 9am till 3pm. When I got there at 3, the teachers said that they wouldn't have believed that Bella had never been in care as she was wonderful and even danced in the middle of the circle (by herself!!).
First day of preschool
And the obligitory sibling picture!
Bella's day came a little unstuck in the car on the way home when she couldn't find her apple in her school bag. I had tried to get Bella to help me in the morning to put it in the fruit basket for the morning tea, but she was too keen to get outside to help and was therefore devasted that she couldn't find it! I managed to assure her that she did eat it at morning tea and she could have another when we got home. Then it came out that a big boy had called her a "little girl" - a term we have not been using for Bella (all in hope that it might help her to get out of nappies!!). And this seemed to really upset her.
There has been very little talk of preschool since then, so hopefully on Monday, she will want to go again. Fingers crossed.......
And Hannah, well she is becoming a bigger girl. Turning her seat around at 16.5 months!! She got half a month longer than Bella!! But her feet were touching the seat!!
My 2 big girls

Bella insisted on carrying her school bag, lunch bad and drink bottle all in her lap the whole way
to preschool!!
While technically not that day, Hannah on the day previous, had her first painting experience. I think you could safely say, she had fun!!



Wow - how adorable! and where oh where did our babies go?? I'm glad to hear that Bella loved her first day at school - and was it amazing to have the day with just you and Hannah? Hope you're all well and that Bella makes some lovely little school pals!
ReplyDelete